Calling all aspiring authors, The Pitch Session is back by popular demand! Some of you may be asking, “What is The Pitch Session, and why do I need it?”
Well, The Pitch Session is an opportunity for you to pitch your book to four major publishers at one time for one very low price. Why do you need it? If you are planning to publish the traditional way, and would like to see your books in major outlets like Barnes & Noble, Walmart, Target and Books-A-Million, you’ll need a book deal. Also, if you don’t want to shoulder the expense for editing, cover design, marketing, printing, etc., going with a traditional publisher may be right for you!
This year, we’re doing everything virtual! You don’t have to spend any money to attend a conference or event. For the 2014 Pitch Session, you’ll submit your proposal and a 3 minute video (via Youtube). That’s it!
The Pitch Session has proven results! Since its inception in 2009, many authors have signed traditional book deals through The Pitch Session! Ask Tyora Moody (When Rain Falls), Michelle Lindo-Rice (Sing a New Song), Jackie Holness (After the Altar Call) and the many other authors who signed a book deal after pitching their book. It works! It’s affordable. For only $99, you will be able to get your work in front of decision makers at major publishing houses. Not assistants or interns! These pitches will be viewed by the editors who offer the deals and request the checks!
Most publishers are overwhelmed with packages from new authors, and those without an agent rarely, if ever, get reviewed and even less frequently receive an offer for publication. The publishers below have signed on to view a very limited number of pitches, just for this session
Is it your time to shine?
- Grand Central Publishing – home to Kimberla Lawson Roby and Carl Weber – looking for high concept commercial fiction and A-list non-fiction.
- Dafina Books – home to Lutishia Lovely, Trice Hickman, Pat G’Orge Walker, Mary Monroe, and Tiffany L. Warren – seeking fiction for the African American Audience
- Urban Christian – home to Rhonda McKnight, Sherri L. Lewis, Dwan Abrams and Sherryle Kiser Jackson – seeking faith based fiction for the urban audience.
- Brown Girls Publishing – founded by ReShonda Tate Billingsley and Victoria Christopher Murray – seeking compelling new voices
After paying with the Paypal button below, the following items should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 2014 Pitch Session:
- 1 page query letter
- 3 page synopsis
- 1st three chapters of your book (no more than 50 pages)
- Link to your 3 minute Youtube video pitch – Please do not make a longer video; editors have agreed to view 3 minutes only.
Tips for your video:
- Make sure to include your name and the title of your book.
- Be enthusiastic and excited about your book. If you aren’t, then no one else will be!
- Tell how your story is different than the other books on the market.
- If you have any major platform that will help sell a lot of books, by all means mention it!
There are only 20 slots available for the 2014 Pitch Session, and they will go quickly! The submission deadline is April 20th, 2014. Once the package is submitted, there are NO REFUNDS.
2014 Pitch Session – $99
What are you waiting for? Get those proposals ready!